Did you know: Approximately one-third of the 2.3 million annual engagements occur in November and December, making it the most popular time of year for engagement proposals.
What is the ultimate Holiday Gift for a single gal? Well, millions of Americans each year express their holiday spirit by giving their hearts to that special someone. The heart is priceless, but the ring definitely has a hefty price tag which makes it the ultimate Holiday gift. This year especially, more men, who are looking for that ‘special ring’, will choose the Internet over a traditional jewelry store.
6 Crucial Tips for Online Diamond Buying
The convenience and sheer volume of selection is perhaps the biggest draw for men who surf the net looking for an engagement ring. Convenience can quickly turn to confusion if you are not adequately prepared so; we have compiled some essential tips to help guide you through the process.
• Don’t Be Passive: With simple research, a few clicks of the mouse and a bit of time, you can gather all of this information you need to become an empowered shopper—Take control of your buying experience.
• Cut to the Chase- Prioritizing the Four Cs: A loose diamond has four major characteristics – cut, color, clarity, and carat weight, known as the Four Cs. These characteristics determine the diamond’s performance and value. All are important. Many diamonds are beautiful and all diamonds sparkle well in bright jewelry store lights. But, the cut determines diamond performance and light return outside of a jewelry store. Some diamond sites claim true hearts and arrows, but to get great and consistent performance you need a mathematically consistent set of criteria to cut by.
• Buy Shy of 1 Carat: Diamond prices jump at the carat and half-carat marks, so try to buy just shy of these levels. For example, instead of a 1 carat, look for a .95. You’ll save some money, and the slight size difference will not be visible.
• Smoke in Mirrors: As color and clarity grades improve, diamond prices increase. However, above certain color and clarity grades the human eye cannot detect these subtle differences. In effect, you’re paying for something that you can’t see, not unlike paying someone to paint the underside of your house. For example, to achieve the best value, consider a near-colorless instead of a colorless diamond or a VS2 (Very Slightly Included) clarity grade as opposed to a Flawless clarity grade.
• Go With Your Gut: If it sounds too good to be true buyer BEWARE! All diamonds are not created equal. Insist that your diamond have an independent grading report. Labs which get very high kudos are GIA (Gemological Institute of America) or AGS (American Gem Society). The AGS and GIA have gotten the ‘housekeeping’ brand of approval by the diamond industry. Diamonds accompanied by these grading reports are the most highly valued in the industry, as their quality is considered guaranteed. Add the Fifth “C” –CAUTION to your diamond buying experience.
• The Devil is in the Details: Finally, and probably most importantly, know the return/exchange policy beforehand of the e-tailer that you choose to do business with.
Not seeing exactly what you are looking for on the site you have chosen? Well, one of the growing trends for many husbands-to-be is to find a company that allows you to design your own ring. The customization option that some traditional brick and mortar retailers offer has spilled over to the online retail community thus increasing the personalized aspect of buying online.
One such e-tailer, WhiteFlash.com, might be your best bet to visit when looking for a high quality certified diamond engagement ring online. As a trailblazer in providing some of the best craftsmanship, selection and assurance to online diamond shoppers, WhiteFlash’s site does your homework for you thus making it a dependable destination and resources guide. The company’s heralded site helps shoppers through the process by offering extensive and interactive education tools. Still confused? WhiteFlash.com goes the extra step of allowing potential buyers to connect with their highly knowledgeable diamond and jewelry experts who are available to answer individual questions through a personal consultation over the phone or via email. This nod to impeccable and seamless service will definitely take the jitters out of purchasing high ticket items over the web.
Giving Her Your Heart In More Ways Than One
For a completely unique look Whiteflash offers their own Superideal Cut Hearts and Arrows Diamond brand known as Whiteflash A Cut Above®. With their selection of more than 30,000 diamonds and over 40 unique settings men can create a staggering array of engagement ring combinations. A Cut Above remains the only Hearts and Arrow diamond with advertised standards and a guarantee of true Hearts and Arrows patterning. Each A Cut Above is faithfully cut so that all 57 facets line up perfectly with their opposites.
Just like the proposal, the engagement ring is a very personal and intimate reflection of the couple’s personality. The key to coming out of the process feeling completely satisfied, and secure in your purchase, is to shop around and find an online site that offers a wide selection, informative staff and, most importantly, a reputation of standing behind their product. After all, the only surprise should be the look on that special lady’s face when she sees the fruits of your labor.