It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the pure volume of groomsman gift options available, most of which have been sorely overdone. Here’s looking at you, watches and flasks. Your wedding party members have always supported you and will stand beside you on your big day. Instead of thanking them with something they’ll end up using as a doorstop or hiding on a shelf, consider one of these 10 uncommon gift ideas available on Etsy.
1. Handmade Leather Razor Bag ($38). Men who accessorize with leather always look more distinguished. These handsome bags will reinforce that statement. He’ll travel in style with his own personalized razor bag that’s designed to be used separately from a standard toiletry bag. His razors, shave cream and aftershave will now have their own storage place where they won’t rub up against his toothbrush, contact lens case and other bathroom necessities. [Purchase on Etsy]
2. Engraved Beer Flight Tasting Paddle ($39.95). Line up your favorite brews and stage your own beer tasting with this paddle crafted from reclaimed red oak. The set comes with four mini pilsner glasses and features a leather hanging strap for easy storage on the wall or behind a bar. [Purchase on Etsy]
3. Engraved Cigar Box ($28). Planning on lighting up some stogies with your best man and groomsmen on the wedding day? There’s no better gift for your crew than this rustic, walnut-colored cigar box. The box will hold around six to seven cigars and offers a personalized memory of the big day. [Purchase on Etsy]
4. Whiskey Barrel/Machine Gun Bullet Pen ($66.95). This unique pen is perfect for the man who has many leather-bound books and whose home smells of rich mahogany. The robust pen is half whiskey barrel (your choice of Jack Daniels or Jim Beam) and half 50 caliber machine gun bullet. That adds up to 100% awesomeness. Don’t forget to add the recipient’s initials. [Purchase on Etsy]
5. Oak Barrel Mug ($56.95). How cool is this oak mug made from an authentic bourbon barrel? Available in two sizes (1/2 liter and 1 liter), the mug can be used for chugging beer or even sipping soup. It can also serve as a distinctive display piece for a home bar, den or office. [Purchase on Etsy]
6. Wooden Mustache Bow Tie + Pocket Square Set ($49). Hunting for a gift that your boys can wear on the wedding day? These mustache bow ties from TwinsBowties are cool, stylish and very unique. You’ll also receive a pocket square that will help complete the group’s wedding day look. [Purchase on Etsy]
7. Wooden Shot Glasses ($14.95). These cylindrical, handcrafted Mora Wood shot glasses are perfect for tippin’ a few back in style during the bachelor party or other pre-wedding outing. Better yet: They can be engraved with a name, date or set of initials to add a touch of customization. [Purchase on Etsy]
8. Custom Fishing Lure ($16). There are few things in life more enjoyable than hitting the water, cracking open some cold ones and throwing in a line with your buds. This custom fishing lure is personalized with a mustache and three lines of text. Just make sure the recipient knows how to tie a good knot. This is one lure you don’t want sitting at the bottom of the lake. [Purchase on Etsy]
9. Personalized Hammer ($49). It doesn’t get any more manly than giving your best man a hammer with his name engraved on it. This stellar creation from the CarolinaHighCotton Etsy shop also works for Father’s Day, birthdays and holiday stocking stuffers. They even have a mini size just for kids. [Purchase on Etsy]
10. Engraved 1 Liter Bourbon Cask ($57.95). We may have saved the best for last. These mini bourbon aging barrels are as legit as they get. They’re designed so the novice distiller can create his own blend of bourbon using store-bought ingredients. Available in three sizes with free engraving included. [Purchase on Etsy]
You know your groomsmen better than we do. Which of the 10 gifts featured above would they like most? Let us know in the comment section below.