10 Father’s Day Gifts Dad Actually Wants This Year
Dad. He taught you so many of life’s essentials — from playing catch and learning to pick your battles with your siblings, to how to change a tire and the importance of sitting back and relaxing when things get stressful — on a hammock with a beer firmly in hand. Thank him for his years of unwavering wisdom and support this Father’s Day (Sunday, June 21st) with one of these creative, guy-approved gift ideas. We guarantee they won’t sit on a shelf and collect dust.
1. Home State Craft Beer Mugs, Set of Four, $47.95. Home is where the beer is, right? If your dad’s obsessed with craft beer, he’ll love kicking back with a cold one served in one of these cool, sturdy craft beer mugs, which are engraved with the outline of his favorite state, the word “home” and come in a set of four.
2. Motorized Grill Brush, $39.99. The only downside to grilling out all summer long? Cleaning your behemoth of a grill afterward. If dad’s grill looks like it hasn’t been properly cleaned in ages, let him take a load off by using this little grill cleaning gem, which makes swift work of the grimy task. Throw in a few filet mignons to cement your “favorite” status in his book. Take that, baby bro.
3. Family Distillery Personalized Whiskey Barrel Sign, $149.95. If your dad frequently proclaims that drinking whiskey “is for real men” and will “put hair on your chest”, it’s safe to assume he knows his whiskey and will love displaying this unique sign made from the face of a real whiskey barrel. Personalize it for free with your family’s surname and year established.
4. Personalized Men’s Leather Watch Case, $57.95. If your dad routinely touts the importance of being early or on time to just about everything, he likely has a sizable wristwatch collection to help out with the task. Keep his precious timepieces organized and protected with this sharp leather watch case, which includes personalization and has 10 removable velvet cushions and a glass lid for displaying his watches and other valuables.
5. Personalized Craft Beer 12-Pack Bottle Cooler, $39.95. If dad’s always on the run, either to go get his fish on, tailgate at the big game or catch poker night with his friends, he’ll love bringing along this 12-pack bottle cooler to easily schlep his favorite beverages, you know, just in case he gets thirsty. The cooler, which holds 12 bottles or 18 cans with ice, includes his personalized initial, an attached bottle opener, removable interior divider, front storage pocket and padded shoulder strap.
6. Overnight Leather Cigar Case, $128. Stogie-loving dads will flip for this leather cigar case that’s perfect for home or travel. This sharp, zip-around bonded leather case has an interior mahogany tray secured with a leather strap to separate and protect four cigars and includes a jet flame lighter with a built-in punch and stainless steel cutter. Light ‘em up!
7. Whiskey Barrel Duck Call, $89.95. Hunters, this is no ordinary duck call. Prepare to really impress dad with this duck call handcrafted from a real whiskey barrel (your choice of Jack Daniel’s, Jim Beam or Maker’s Mark). The lightweight duck call is pre-tuned to perfectly suit every calling situation, from small ponds and marshes to large lakes. Engrave it with two lines of custom text for free.
8. Personalized Men’s Toiletry Bag with Grooming Tools, $29.95. If dad’s often on the road for work or play or just likes to keep things organized at home, this is the gift for him. This sleek, microfiber toiletry bag has multiple internal compartments, zippered top and bottom enclosures and elasticized grips. It also comes with all the essentials: a pocket comb, nail scissors, cuticle groomer, nail file, tweezers and clippers. Embroider it with his initials for free for a personal touch.
9. Cast-Iron Bacon Press, $15. If friends and family often describe your dad as the “baconator” (translation: “bacon fanatic”) who loads the delectable pork strips on top of everything from burgers to ice cream, look no further. Rock his bacon-bedecked world with this ingenious cast-iron bacon press, which flattens bacon for quick, even cooking and reduces shrinkage (‘nuff said). He’ll also love using it for grilling up sammies and ‘dillas.
10. Customized Leather Journal, $21.95. Give him a personal forum to collect his thoughts, make lists or start that novel he’s always been talking about. Each journal can be laser engraved with initials, a name or special message.
Which one of these man-approved gifts would be perfect for your dad?