The Top 5 Reasons Men Should Use a Honeymoon Registry
By Andrew Marino, HoneymoonPixie.com
The honeymoon registry is one of the hottest trends for engaged couples! It offers you the amazing opportunity to take the trip of a lifetime that your family and friends help pay for. You can go to an exotic destination with awesome excursions that might otherwise not be in your budget.
Consider this: today the average bride is 29 and the average groom is 31 – and the majority of couples pay for their own weddings. These two statistics suggest that today’s engaged couples are financially independent. They typically live on their own and have many of the household items needed to start a new home together. They don’t need another toaster. Now you know why 35% of all wedding gifts are returned!
If you don’t really want more stuff in your life and would prefer to have an exhilarating experience with your fiancé, then a honeymoon registry might be right for you.
Still not sure? Here are five solid reasons why you should use a honeymoon registry:
1. You get exactly what you want. At department stores, the wedding registry sales people can leave you feeling guilty for not registering for enough. They say you need hundreds of gifts on your registry to give guests plenty of selection and you need to accommodate a wide variety of price points. The problem is that you end up registering for things you don’t really want or need; only to take them back or be stuck figuring out what to do with them after the wedding. With a honeymoon registry, you can get what you really want – the experience of a truly memorable honeymoon.
2. You don’t have to ask for money. If you feel you don’t need to register for many of the traditional housewares for your wedding, and would prefer gifts towards your honeymoon, it’s still awkward to ask for money. A respectful way to accomplish this goal is through the use of a honeymoon registry that allows you to spend your gift money on your honeymoon. With a honeymoon registry, your guests are essentially giving you money, but each guest will know exactly what that money is intended for – so they can feel good about giving you a special honeymoon gift.
3. You can combine it with a traditional wedding registry. No one said you can’t have it both ways! Most couples these days have wedding registries set up at more than one store so they have a variety of items to choose from. If you need a few practical essentials for your home but also want a great honeymoon, there’s no unspoken rule saying you can’t register at Target or Macy’s and Honeymoon Pixie! You can get the best of both worlds this way!
4. You can track your registry online to help you plan for your honeymoon. It’s a good idea to register early for your honeymoon registry to provide guests the opportunity to purchase their gift for you well before your wedding. This will help with your budgeting, as you can then monitor the gift funds received and how much money you’ve got coming in at any given point. Registry gift funds can be redeemed weeks before your wedding to help pre-pay for your lodging and airfare, easing budget concerns. Overall, many couples are pleasantly surprised at the level of gift giving and find that they can splurge a little more on their honeymoon.
5. Guests get to do it all online. A honeymoon registry is the perfect solution for couples who have friends and family in far-off places. They may want to buy you a gift but would have to ship it to you, which can be expensive. Plus they may have to pay tax and have the gift wrapped. With a honeymoon registry, they can do all their gift-giving online, avoid the various fees, and not have to guess what you really want for a gift. Your guests will love the convenience. And you’ll have a detailed ‘thank you’ list from your registry, so you’ll know what to thank each gift giver for! Your bride will think that you’re the smartest husband ever!
If you want an unforgettable honeymoon and don’t want to deal with taking back the three extra George Foreman grills you get on your wedding day, then a honeymoon registry might be the perfect solution for you!
About the Author: Andrew Marino is the CEO of HoneymoonPixie.com, an industry leader in providing honeymoon gift registries for engaged couples. Couples create their free honeymoon registry website and receive honeymoon planning advice and travel tips. Andrew also serves as a contributing Senior Travel Editor.
Tags: Honeymoon Registries