We’re always in for a treat when Marta Segal Block from Gigmasters comes-a-callin’ with a guest blog. This time around, she’s focusing on some of the more bizarre options for wedding reception entertainment.
When most people think “wedding entertainment” they think band or DJ. But, at GigMasters we see the possibilities as so much more! Because we connect brides and grooms to their ideal entertainment, we have a great view of what ideas are out there. Here are five unusual ideas we’ve seen.
- Caricaturists are becoming so much more common they’re almost a trend! Like silhouette artists, caricaturists are generally used to create on the spot personalized party favors or guest book entries.
- Most people hiring clowns for wedding receptions are hiring them to entertain children at the event. But, not everyone, we’ve had people hire balloon twisting clowns to make centerpieces at a carnival themed wedding, then come to the reception as well. We’ve also had people hire clowns and mimes to provide humor during band breaks.
- An enterprising Maid of Honor decided to hire Mickey Mouse for her bride’s wedding. Apparently, the bride always wanted to dance in a Disney World show. So, the MOH hired a Mickey Mouse costumed character to turn up during her MOH speech to deliver a special gift.
- Every December we get several Santa requests for weddings. One Father of the Bride wanted to sit on Santa’s lap and read a letter to his daughter. We can only hope that he cleared that idea with his daughter ahead of time and that there aren’t deeper issues that they need to work out.
- I suppose if you needed the services of a hypnotist before the wedding, that would spell trouble but many people find the idea of a hypnotist as after dinner entertainment fun. If you have a “no stripper” rule for your bachelor party, hypnotists and magicians can also make great alternative bachelor party entertainment.
For more great wedding entertainment ideas check out GigMasters wedding blog.